The Student News Site of Olentangy Berlin High School

The Berlin Bulletin

The Berlin Bulletin

The Berlin Bulletin

Poll

This poll has ended.

Best place to be during spring break?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Berlin Bears dominate the ring

Photo courtesy of Lakelyn Lesch 27
Photo courtesy of Lakelyn Lesch ’27

Berlin Bears push themselves to be the best they can be, daily as they train and their hard work pays off.

Berlin wrestlers not only do intense training every day, but they also have to follow a strict diet and sometimes have to drop up to 20 pounds in just a week. Wrestling is a good sport that also teaches self-defense that sticks with you forever, part of wrestling is building muscle memory.

Although both teams do their best and the sport seems aggressive, wrestling is a very respective sport, both teams respect each other, and it’s truly a friendly competition. Every game ends and starts with a handshake and a respectful bow. 

When asked about the benefits of wrestling, there were lots of positive answers.     

“Discipline, you learn a lot about getting through hard situations,” Liam Fahey ‘27 said.

Not only does it provide discipline but it also gives students motivation to be their best selves.

“It gives you motivation, to keep going and keep pushing yourself. It also gives you discipline,” JD Carr ‘27 said.

Discipline is a very important thing to learn in life, not only is it difficult to learn, but it’s even harder to stay consistent with it. With wrestling it’s practiced every day, with the right workout and with diet. 

Everyone joined wrestling for different reasons.

“I struggled emotionally but it helped me calm down, it’s an outlet for my anger,” Carr said. 

Exercise and discipline help positively affect mental health; it helps a lot of people through rough times so not only is wrestling good for you physically it’s also good for you mentally.

“I joined because it sounded fun,” Parker Lindal ‘27 said, 

He’s been wrestling since middle school.

There doesn’t always have to be a deep reason for wrestling, wrestling can be for anyone no matter what reason. Wrestling isn’t easy but the boys think it’s definitely worth it.

With a strong start, the Berlin Bear wrestlers have high hopes for the rest of the season.

“Going out and doing it is what’s most fun. It gets me excited to see what I can learn. So far our team is really strong too. Especially the more experienced people, I do think we’ll get far this season,” Carr said.