The Student News Site of Olentangy Berlin High School

The Berlin Bulletin

The Berlin Bulletin

The Berlin Bulletin

Poll

This poll has ended.

Best place to be during spring break?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Olivia Rodrigo shines at Nationwide Arena

Avery McBride

It’s a bad idea to see Olivia Rodrigo in concert right? But personally, it fulfilled my “teenage dream.” So here is the low-down on my experience.

Thousands of fans showed up eager for the concert to commence, among them Zoe Fraley ‘25 and I. Chappell Roan kicked off the concert with some of her hit songs from her most recent album “The Rise and Fall of a Midwest Princess.” During the whole performance, she had such high energy, which made her really fun to watch.

When Olivia hit the stage the crowd erupted with cheers of excitement as she began to sing and jump around to “bad idea, right?” The crowd successfully matched her high energy as they screamed the lyrics at the top of their lungs, the seats were empty as everyone stood to get the best view of the stage and of course Olivia.

The background dancers accurately conveyed each song they danced to as if it were a story, I personally loved seeing the lyrics come to life. The band was also extremely interactive throughout a smile clear on each of their faces. Olivia also made sure to include duets with members of her band which created a much more intimate atmosphere.

The fans went wild as Olivia floated around the venue on an illuminated moon, she even waved as she passed by. She sang some of my favorites as I and others screamed every lyric from “Can’t Catch Me Now” to “get him back!” from “Sour” to “Guts,” the variety allowed me to feel refreshed.

I am totally “obsessed” with Olivia Rodrigo. Some would say my “love is embarrassing” but it’s not my fault she’s “so american,” it is totally “logical’ to see Olivia Rodrigo in concert.