The Student News Site of Olentangy Berlin High School

The Berlin Bulletin

The Berlin Bulletin

The Berlin Bulletin

Poll

This poll has ended.

Best place to be during spring break?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Berlin wrestlers continue to fight

Berlin wrestlers continue to fight

It’s halfway through the season for the Berlin boys wrestling team, and it’s been a successful one so far. 

Many of the wrestlers have scored top ranks at tournaments, and there is no sign of back down in any of their eyes. 

“We are doing pretty good this season so far, we placed fifth in the freshman tournament so I feel like that’s really good. Overall, Varsity and JV have a solid win rate,” wrestler Gabe Rose ‘27 said. 

Some of the returning boys are district qualifiers, and the new freshman wrestlers are showing much improvement as the season progresses. Liam Fahey ‘27, as well as Maddox Nauman ‘27 have already moved up to varsity because of their hard work and dedication at tournaments, and practices too. 

“Maddox Nauman is definitely one of the many hard working wrestlers on the team. Every practice he’s sweating his butt off trying to keep his weight at a balanced level, which is challenging, but that hasn’t stopped him from being a skilled wrestler,” Rose, who has also improved greatly since the start of the season, said.

The boys wrestling team has consistent practices, and the coaches make sure to address any struggles they notice at meets, so as to improve wrestlers on an individual level, rather than just on an overall team level. 

“The boys are strong, and we have big hopes to win OCC, Section Title, and District Title,” Coach Tyson Porter said. 

The wrestling team has a very solid, family-like structure, despite being one of the more individualistic sports teams. They are often seen standing shoulder to shoulder at meets, showing Berlin pride through their blood and sweat. 

“Wrestling can be a very bloody sport but where blood would stop other athletes, we get back up and keep fighting,” Rose said. 

Wrestling stat Kyleigh Scott adds on, saying the team has a great dynamic. 

“The team is doing really well this season, and I can tell that even being new to the sport. I love how supportive the everyone is of each other, making nicknames, and just overall working hard together to represent our school. The dynamic is really great,” wrestling stat Kyleigh Scott ‘26 said. 

The season has been a successful one so far, and all the boys all work to represent 3140 BSR. They look forward to what the rest of the season will bring. Be sure to check the Berlin athletics website for upcoming meets, and go support your boys wrestling team.