The Student News Site of Olentangy Berlin High School

The Berlin Bulletin

The Berlin Bulletin

The Berlin Bulletin

Poll

This poll has ended.

Best place to be during spring break?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Best things to do in Myrtle Beach

Myrtle Beach is a very popular destination for families, so here are the best places you should go to make your vacation the greatest it can be.

There are so many fun activities all around Myrtle Beach that people of all ages will enjoy! Here are our favorite attractions that are sure to put a smile on your face:

• Broadway at the Beach is one of the most popular places in Myrtle Beach. It has so many fun things to do including rides, entertainment, shopping, food, drinks, and so much more. 
  • The Ripley’s company owns many different fun and interesting places to go in Myrtle beach. Some of the best are…

-Ripley’s aquarium is a great place to learn about underwater creatures from all over     the world.

-Ripley’s Believe it or not is a unique place where you can explore unique and rare art, pop-culture memorabilia, interactive games, and other bizarre things.

-Ripley’s mirror maze is a fun, mind-bending activity to do with your whole family. Get lost in a trail of never-ending mazes and challenge yourself to escape!

• WonderWorks Upside Down House may look like a danger to all from the outside but the second you walk in there are more than 100 fun things to do. This is a family friendly place with many interactive activities including extreme weather zone, physical challenges, light and sound zone, space discovery zone, imagination lab, wonder art gallery, and so much more.
  •  Myrtle Beach’s Oceanfront Boardwalk is a family favorite. It is divided into two parts, one where you can enjoy the scenery and natural environment, while the second part has more activities, including shops, restaurants, and the iconic SkyWheel that stands 187 feet tall.
  • Brookgreen gardens is a beautiful place that features botanical gardens, sculptures, and wildlife, and has a whole lot of southern history. You can go here to walk through the stunning paths or attend a special seasonal event. They also have a few smaller dining options to grab a bite to eat while you are there. 
  • Shark wake park 843 is an outdoor adventure park that families and friends can come and enjoy together. There are many activities and things to do here including cable wakeboarding, a floating obstacle course with slides, climbing towers, and more.

Having good food on your vacation is a big part of your experience. These unique restaurants will leave you full and satisfied after a delicious meal or dessert:

• Angelo’s steak and pasta or as they call it there, “The Greatest Steaks in the Universe”, offers a full menu, two separate buffets, a full list of appetizers, full bar, and a lot of dessert options.
  • Lee’s Inlet Kitchen has been serving up fresh seafood, chicken, and steaks for over 75 years. They have an extensive menu and was voted best seafood restaurant in South Carolina’s “Southern Living” Magazine.
  • Peaches Corner has been a family favorite since the 1930s and continues to be one today. They sell family friendly foods that you would crave during the summer time, including hotdogs, hamburgers, fries, and more. 

Temperatures in Myrtle Beach can vary depending on the time of year. During the winter months, the average high is around 57 degrees and the low can reach a chilly 36 degrees. The best time to visit is during the months of June-August when the temperatures stay above 80 degrees. Then you can enjoy the sunny beaches and spend lots of time outside. 

The crowds can get to be a little big during those summer months, so if you want a more relaxing vacation you can also visit in the spring or early fall and the temperatures will still be in the 70s.

Myrtle Beach is the perfect place for a family vacation or a small getaway. All of these things will help make your next adventure your best one yet!