The Student News Site of Olentangy Berlin High School

The Berlin Bulletin

The Berlin Bulletin

The Berlin Bulletin

Poll

This poll has ended.

Best place to be during spring break?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

March Madness didn’t disappoint

March Madness didnt disappoint

March Madness is officially over as the national championship was last weekend.

There have been tons of upsets throughout these games like 3rd seed Kentucky losing to 14th seed Oakland in the first round, along with 4th seed Alabama defeating 1st seed North Carolina to secure a spot in the Final 4. Just after the second round, the last perfect bracket had failed. DBSN’s March Madness challenge had been a huge success with over 100 brackets in the competition.

The Final 4 this year was 1st seed UCONN against 4th seed Alabama and 1st seed Purdue against 11th seed NC State. The games were both good as there was tough competition on the court. This year both UCONN’s and NC State’s men and women’s teams are in the final 4. The last time this happened was in 2017 with South Carolina. UCONN and Purdue both came out on top and are headed to play in the national tournament.

Before the national championship was played, the leaders were Levi Acer and Jarod Zambia were tied for first with 860 points and the tie for second place is not far behind with Wyatt Flesher and Lauren ross with 850 points. Although Acer and Zambia were tied for first, Levi had UCONN as his winner while Jarod picked Tennessee to win. It was anyone’s game because anything could have happened. 

Many were anxious for who would come out on top. The leaders changed frequently throughout the competition but two tied for first. UCONN won the national championship game 75-60 over Purdue. Ross and Flesher tied and both won the DBSN bracket challenge with 1490 points. They will both receive a prize from our sponsors with a certificate. 

DBSN would like to thank all of our sponsors of Sticky Finger and Crumbl Cookie. Make sure you check out DBSN’s instagram for all updates on Berlin sports.