The Student News Site of Olentangy Berlin High School

The Berlin Bulletin

The Berlin Bulletin

The Berlin Bulletin

Poll

This poll has ended.

Best place to be during spring break?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Scottie Scheffler continues dominance

Screenshot
Scottie Scheffler Instagram
Screenshot

The number one world-ranked golfer, Scottie Scheffler continues his dominance as he won his second green jacket this past weekend at the Masters.

Through nine events this season, Scheffler has claimed three trophies, including the Arnold Palmer Invitational presented by Mastercard, THE PLAYERS Championship, and the Masters Tournament. During his impressive run, he shot an impressive 28 rounds even or better. 

Scheffler has been compared to Tiger Woods by a vast number of golf fans during his dominant start to the season. 

“The Scheffler-Woods comparisons are growing more frequent with every tournament Scheffler wins. It’s not that Scheffler is as dominant as Woods. He’s just the most dominant since Woods,” according to  PGA TOUR.

Even when Scheffler hasn’t won in his six other starts this season, he has placed in the top-10 in all but one. Scheffler has already doubled Wyndham Clark’s FedEx Cup points this season; Clark is sitting in second place at the moment with 21 tournaments remaining before the start of the FedEx Cup Playoffs.

In his next start, Scheffler has a +400 odds to win the RBC Heritage. Xander Schauffele follows with +1200 odds. 

“Scheffler is the new benchmark with which the rest of the PGA TOUR measures itself. The rest of the TOUR knows it. [Brian] Harman’s response was part joke, part honest admission. Scheffler only needs his “B” game to contend and win, Harman continued,” according to PGA TOUR.

Scheffler looks to continue his run and have one of the most historic seasons on the PGA TOUR.