The Student News Site of Olentangy Berlin High School

The Berlin Bulletin

The Berlin Bulletin

The Berlin Bulletin

Poll

Best place to be during spring break?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Bears gussy up for homecoming

Photo courtesy of Maggie McGreevey 25. At the Lakes Country Club, Maggie McGreevey ‘25 gets together with one of her best friends, Mira Platt ‘25, for a picture before the dance. Later in the night McGreevey and Platt went to dinner at Brio in Polaris and ended up in a thrift store in the mall.
Photo courtesy of Maggie McGreevey ’25. At the Lakes Country Club, Maggie McGreevey ‘25 gets together with one of her best friends, Mira Platt ‘25, for a picture before the dance. Later in the night McGreevey and Platt went to dinner at Brio in Polaris and ended up in a thrift store in the mall.

Homecoming is a stressful time of the year for some students. Before the weeks fly by, it is exigent to find a dress or pants and a shirt. 

Olentangy Berlin’s homecoming is Sept. 23. That leaves two weeks left to tackle an exhaustive supply of sizes and limited knowledge of websites. 

There are vastly different stores where you can buy your homecoming dress at. If you want a plain dress, visit the websites That’s So Fetch, Beginning Boutique, Lulus, etc. If you want a dress more sparkly and could be more fun, visit these sites: Hello Molly, Lucy in the Sky, Windsor,  Revolve, and Hellymoon. All are credible places to get your dresses and not have to worry about scammers. A very popular place to stop and shop in Ohio that’s close is Henri’s Cloud Nine down in Polaris. Many love it there, others think it’s overrated. 

“Everyone at Henri’s is so nice and they give you good opinions on every dress you try on,” Ava Kresak ‘24 said. “For homecoming, I think it’s too expensive for a mini dress that’s for a smaller occasion. For prom, I think it’s perfect. It’s better money spent for a more special occasion and you get a unique dress.”

There is a small chance you have the same dress as someone else at homecoming, but a way to make you stand out if that issue proceeds to happen is to coordinate with your date to make it unique.

With a pink, blue, or black dress, a male fit that could correspond with that could be black dress shoes, gray dress pants, white button-up, and then the color of your dress as a bow tie or tie. Another option would be if you plan to wear a red, white, or bright orange dress, the guy wears brown shoes, navy pants, a brown belt, a white button-up, and then the color of your dress as a tie or bow tie. A classic look that couldn’t go wrong with any color dress is all black. 

“I go to Express or Macy’s because they are reliable because it’s not easy to find clothes that fit the way I want them to,” Mason Ziegler ‘24 said. “Macy’s is a cheaper option for good quality. There are a lot more deals at Macy’s too.”

To complete the fit that looks aesthetic, the last touch has to be added. The corsage or bouquet. More people gravitate to corsage for homecoming and then bouquets for prom. A very popular and credible place to get a corsage or bouquet customized is Gibson the Florist- a different option with just as much credibility is Connells Maple Lee Flowers & Gifts.

The idea for homecoming is to have an occasion made for high schoolers to enjoy it. To relieve strain over places to buy a dress, or what goes with what. This night is planned for your fun and your joy, so spend it that way along with the days leading up to it.