The Student News Site of Olentangy Berlin High School

The Berlin Bulletin

The Berlin Bulletin

The Berlin Bulletin

Poll

This poll has ended.

Best place to be during spring break?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Cheer packs bags for Disney

Photo Courtesy: Berlin Cheerleading Instagram

The Berlin competitive cheer team prepares for Nationals in a few weeks. They have worked hard and hope to take home a win.

This is the second year that they have had a competitive cheer team and the first year that they will compete at Nationals. Nationals take place in Orlando, Florida at Disney and it will last for about a week. 

“I am looking forward to being with my friends in Disney for Nationals,” Kenley Cox ‘27 said.

The team got first place at regionals and second at state so they are expected to place high.

“Based on previous comps I do believe Berlin cheer will perform well at Nationals,” Abby Dye ‘26 said.

Although the Bears have improved, so have other teams which makes the competition more fierce.

“Our biggest competitor would be Spingboro because they beat us last time,” Cox said.

Springboro has improved a lot this season and they got first place at States. The girls hope for a better outcome and to beat Springboro next time.

The team has also improved their routine and made a lot of changes from the original.

“We as a team have had lots of practice really dialing in on Nationals and what we can do to get our scores up. Little changes from past score sheets and even some overall changes to the routine,” Dye said.

The team takes work so just because it looks easy doesn’t mean it’s not. The girls often have long practices multiple times a week which makes them tired often, but it is worth it, because they work hard and it shows.

“Our biggest competitor is ourselves, just wanting to do the best we can and leave all our hard work out on the mat,” Dye said.

Although it takes a lot of work to be on the team they still manage to have fun. 

“My favorite thing about being on game day is the energy and excitement that comes with competing,” Cox said.

The Bears are excited and ready to go to Nationals and they hope to come home with a first-place trophy.