The Student News Site of Olentangy Berlin High School

The Berlin Bulletin

The Berlin Bulletin

The Berlin Bulletin

Poll

This poll has ended.

Best place to be during spring break?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Berlin theatre opens it doors

Zarina Cabrera
In the Green Room, student actors prepare for upcoming productions. The fall play “How to Host a Murder Mystery Dinner Party” was completely sold out.

This year the theater program has prepared a variety of different shows for the Berlin community this year. 

The year was kicked off with the fall play was How to Host a Murder Mystery Dinner Party staring several different actors such as Gracie Harding ‘24’, Gabbie Morrison ‘24, Ty Ritzler ‘25, Jillian Miller ‘25, Molly McLain ‘25’, Hannah Kent ‘24, Krithin Rajesh ‘24, Jeffery Kracht ‘25, Kayla Servilla ‘25, Lucy Spelman ‘25, Grayson Irwin ‘26, Ryan Szafranski ‘26 and London Tehuitio ‘27. 

“There was a great cast, there were no hard feelings and no arguments, probably one of the best casts I’ve been a part of,” McLain ‘25 said.

She played the lawyer, Jamie Willhelm. This was an interactive show between the cast and audience as the audience got to choose the ending each night. 

“It was so good, all the audiences were amazing, especially the first night they were so filled with energy and it was really awesome being able to talk to all of them,” Miller said.

She played the celebrity Charlotte Beauregard. The show was a hit with all three shows selling out. 

The Winter Show this year is The Chronicles of Narnia, The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe and will show on December the 8th through the 10. 

“I’m looking forward to just bringing this story to life,” Clare Torlone ‘26 said, “This show has had a special place in my heart for so long and being able to perform it with my best friends.”

All the actors are super excited for this show as Narnia is an amazing book, movie, and show. The show features a variety of characters as they all have different personalities.

This year the spring musical is Footloose. The auditions took place this past week, November 1-2, as the show will be performed a little earlier this year. Footloose looks to show in February on the 22 through the 25. There was lots of positive feedback when asked about the auditions.

“It all went really well and everyone was very supportive of one another,” Maddie Haugk ‘26 said.

The cast list came out the following Saturday, November 4, of auditions leaving many ecstatic for the beginning of rehearsals.

“I’m so excited for the choreography since it’s such a dance-heavy show,” Kent ‘24 said. “I also can’t wait to hopefully spend a lot more time with my friends at rehearsals.”