The Student News Site of Olentangy Berlin High School

The Berlin Bulletin

The Berlin Bulletin

The Berlin Bulletin

Poll

This poll has ended.

Best place to be during spring break?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

The Lakes Country Club closes for pictures

Photo courtesy of Malia Mulig. Malia Mulig ‘25 (right) and Josie Budic ‘25 (left) snap a shot at the Lakes Golf and Country Club. Later, the two went to the “Beauty and the Bears” dance at Olentangy Berlin High School.

The Lakes Golf and Country Club announced that students and parents will not be allowed to take pictures on the facility this homecoming season. It is due to the disruption and unsafe situation for all involved. 

The usual crowds of homecoming season are no longer accepted to the lake facility. The Lakes Golf and Country Club is a prime destination for many Berlin students’ homecoming evenings. The club came to the conclusion that should students come and try to take pictures, they would be escorted off-site by security. 

“We want the membership to feel comfortable using their Club, and your parents and students to remain safe,” The Lakes said. 

Another reason for the restricted entrance is the disruption it has caused the members. The country club understands that this is a popular spot for pictures, but also wants to do what is best for the members because they contribute financially to the club. 

“It is extremely disruptive to golfers, dinner service, and private events,” The Lakes said. “The past two years we have hired private security for crowd control and course protection.”

The Country Club understands that this is a popular spot for pictures, but also wants to do what is best for the members because they contribute financially to the facility.

Where can you take pictures instead? Do not worry; Bridge Park, Rose Gardens, and Orange Park are still available for student and family pictures. These destinations are great choices because of their beautiful scenery and location. 

Please be safe this homecoming season, and remember- always represent Olentangy Berlin High School in a positive manner while you get ready for a marvelous night. As always, Claws up!