The Student News Site of Olentangy Berlin High School

The Berlin Bulletin

The Berlin Bulletin

The Berlin Bulletin

Poll

This poll has ended.

Best place to be during spring break?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Olentangy erupts after lack of snow day

The Olentangy community was sent into an uproar Tuesday morning after Superintendent Todd Meyer did not close schools due to inclement weather.

Students were in high anticipation of a delay or closing, for there was a wind chill advisory in place. Administrators quickly faced backlash after the community took to the roads. There were reports of dangerous road conditions from student and adult drivers alike. Junior JD Low witnessed a bus on the side of the road from his car on the way to school.

In light of Martin Luther King Jr. Day and the day off of school due to it, the Olentangy Local School District hosts an annual day of service in honor of his legacy. The OLSD account posted on Instagram in order to promote the event and recruit volunteers, however the comment section became a dumping ground for upset students. The post is home to over 400 comments that bashed Mr. Meyer and called for the return of recently retired Mark Raiff.

“The District calls for a cancellation or delay by 5:00am, before high school routes begin. [Tuesday] morning, the snow did not start until after the decision was made to not delay; buses were already in route to pick up students when the snow started coming down,” Meyer said.

All was well in the community for there were no injuries and because school was canceled on Wednesday due to inclement weather.