The Student News Site of Olentangy Berlin High School

The Berlin Bulletin

The Berlin Bulletin

The Berlin Bulletin

Poll

Best place to be during spring break?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Crew catches fire late to advance

Crew catches fire late to advance
Columbus Crew Instagram

The Columbus Crew advanced to the MLS Cup final after an extra time thriller against FC Cincinnati on Dec. 2.
After a lackluster performance in the first half of the match, Columbus found themselves in a 2-0 hole against the Supporters’ Shield champions. After the break, the Crew dominated both sides of the ball, breaking down the attack from the Orange and Blue and created many good looks at goal.
Within the last 15 minutes of the contest the Crew put two balls into the back of the FC Cincinnati net. In the 75th minute, the Crew closed in on FC Cincinnati after an own goal by the FC Cincinnati defender Alvas Powell. Only 11 minutes later, the newcomer, Diego Rossi scored his first playoff goal, according to ESPN.
As the teams headed into extra time, Columbus’ Head Coach, Wilfried Nancy’s conditioning regime proved successful as his team looked strong as FC Cincinnati looked fatigued, according to MLS staff writer, Carter Chapley. Through the first 15 minutes of extra time the score was still tied at 2 goals a piece. Though in the 115th minute, Columbus’ midfielder Christian Ramírez scored the game winner after a fantastic pass from Cucho Hernández, according to ESPN.
to face the winner of the LAFC vs Houston Dynamo matchup that was held in Los Angeles. The defending champions, LAFC, handled business as the secured their spot in the final against Columbus after a 2-0 victory, according to ESPN.
The final will take place in Columbus at 4 PM on Dec. 9, and can be viewed on Apple TV, according to MLS.com.