The Student News Site of Olentangy Berlin High School

The Berlin Bulletin

The Berlin Bulletin

The Berlin Bulletin

Poll

Best place to be during spring break?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Forecast NFL Week Two

Photo courtesy: Flickr
Photo courtesy: Flickr

Football is back! With week two already on the horizon, I have made some predictions for the upcoming games on Saturday. 

The football week started on Thursday when the Vikings and Eagles battled. However, with the rest of the slate in front of us, a group of intriguing matchups will capture our eye.

Seattle Seahawks (0-1) at Detroit Lions (1-0)

The Lions surprised many when they defeated the Chiefs on opening day, while the Seahawks, who came off an impressive 2022 season, disappointed fans this year against the Rams. The Lions will continue their streak as Jared Goff will pull off another big day and lead the Lions to victory. Final Score: Lions 27, Seahawks 23

Baltimore Ravens (1-0) at Cincinnati Bengals (0-1)

After signed to the largest contract extension in NFL history, Joe Burrow disappointed many with a poor week one performance against the Browns. He hoped to bounce back against the Ravens’ defense, who intercepted the Texans twice. However, I expect the Bengals offense to bounce back and defeat the Ravens. Final Score: Bengals 30, Ravens 24

Chicago Bears (0-1) at Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1-0)

Bears quarterback Justin Fields was bound to make a step in his progression into a star this year, but his dismal performance raises questions about his abilities. On the other side, the Bucs, thought of as cellar dwellers, came off an upset that surprised many, as they defeated the Vikings. This will likely be a competitive game, but I expect the Bucs, led by their veteran core, will pull through. Final Score: Bucs 30, Bears 26

Indianapolis Colts (0-1) at Houston Texans (0-1)

It’s a battle of rookie quarterbacks who are featured in young teams. While both teams have come off losses and poor performances, most fans expected this to occur. However, one will shine over the other, and I expect the Colts to win with a strong cast that surrounds Anthony Richardson. Final Score: Colts 27, Texans 14

Kansas City Chiefs (0-1) at Jacksonville Jaguars (1-0)

The Chiefs came off an upset loss, where Patrick Mahomes’s receivers struggled. They will be tested by Jacksonville’s high-powered offense led by Trevor Lawrence and Christian Kirk. It will be a close game, but I expect the Chiefs to pull through. Final Score: Chiefs 35, Jaguars 31

Green Bay Packers (1-0) at Atlanta Falcons (1-0)

Jordan Love looked sharp in his coordination of the Packers offense, while rookie running back Bijan Robinson shined in his Falcons debut. However, if the Falcons want to win this game, Desmond Ridder and Kyle Pitts have to step up. That’s why I expect the Packers to pull off the win. Final Score: Packers 38, Falcons 20

Las Vegas Raiders (1-0) at Buffalo Bills (0-1)

Josh Allen hopes to bounce back after a four-turnover game in a loss to the Jets. He’ll face easier competition against the Raiders. However, they can’t sleep on the Raiders, who came off an impressive win over the Broncos in the debut of Jimmy Garoppolo. I expect the Bills to bounce back and live up to their high expectations. Final Score: Bills 41, Raiders 17

Los Angeles Chargers (0-1) at Tennessee Titans (0-1)

Justin Herbert played well in an opening-day loss to the Dolphins. He’ll have to face the Titans’ defense, one of the best in the league. The Titans will have to rely on a strong performance from Derrick Henry to win. However, I expect the high-powered Chargers to pull through and win. Final Score: Chargers 27, Titans 20

San Francisco 49ers (1-0) at Los Angeles Rams(1-0)

A rematch of the 2021 NFC Championship, this will likely be one of the most important matchups of the week. Many star players will be featured for both teams, but I expect the 49ers defense to carry them through this game for the win. Final Score: 49ers 23, Rams 17

New York Giants (0-1) at Arizona Cardinals (0-1)

The Giants were supposed to compete for a playoff spot, but they embarrassed themselves in a 40-0 loss to the Cowboys. They’ll get a chance to bounce back against the woeful Cardinals who are still without QB Kyler Murray. I expect the Giants to bounce back and win. Final Score: Giants 20, Cardinals 16

New York Jets (1-0) at Dallas Cowboys (1-0)

The Jets were supposed to be Super Bowl contenders, but now expectations are lowered with the loss of their QB, Aaron Rodgers to a season-ending Achilles injury. They’ll have to face the Cowboys, who dominated the Giants 40-0. It will be a defensive battle, but I expect the Jets offense to muster enough to pull out the win. Final Score: Jets 17, Cowboys 13

Washington Commanders (1-0) at Denver Broncos (0-1)

The Commanders’ Sam Howell played well in his season debut, but this week he’ll have to face the Broncos’ vaunted defense. It’ll be important to see which team’s offense breaks through and pulls through the victory. I see the Commanders. Final Score: Commanders 24, Broncos 17

Miami Dolphins (1-0) at New England Patriots (0-1)

Even though the Patriots lost last week, they played hard against the Eagles, as they battled to the final minute. Their defense will be tested again this week, as they’ll face the dynamic duo of Tyreek Hill and Tua Tagavailoa. This week though, I expect the Patriots’ defense to show up and make a statement. Final Score: Patriots 27, Dolphins 10

New Orleans Saints (1-0) at Carolina Panthers (0-1) (Monday Night)

Derek Carr performed well in his Saints debut last week against a strong Titans defense, while the Panthers struggled, as rookie Bryce Young threw two interceptions last week. I expect this trend to continue, as the veteran Carr will give the Saints a 2-0 start. Final Score: Saints 34, Panthers 20

Cleveland Browns (1-0) at Pittsburgh Steelers (0-1) (Monday Night)

The Browns’ defense shined in a week one shutdown of the Bengals’ high-octane offense, and Deshaun Watson played well enough to guide them to victory. They’ll have to face a Steelers team that struggled last week against the 49ers. In this divisional rivalry, I expect both defenses to show up, but I have the Browns with the win. Final Score: Browns 16, Steelers 10