The Student News Site of Olentangy Berlin High School

The Berlin Bulletin

The Berlin Bulletin

The Berlin Bulletin

Poll

This poll has ended.

Best place to be during spring break?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Disney falls off

Disney falls off

Let’s be real for a moment; Disney is not the same as it used to be. 

Millions of people during their childhood were surrounded by the production of Walt Disney, from Cinderella to Cars everyone can look back on their childhood and remember watching these movies.

Nowadays, kids now have Elementals, Luca, and Encanto, but these movies are not as memorable or enjoyable as Tangled where I could watch it again and again.

It feels as if Disney has run out of ideas. They have been trying to get watchers by having live actions of old movies and it will occasionally work such as with The Little Mermaid, but everyone can agree it is never as good as the OGs.

“I enjoy the animated movies better because some movies are not meant to be realistic. It takes away from the wonder of the movie and messes up the already great story they had,” Alekhya Sasubilli ‘27 said.

Even if Disney comes up with a completely new idea the plot, the character development, and comical factors are lacking. 

“I have yet to see a newer Disney movie I can watch over and over again in quite some years. I can watch Princess and The Frog time and time again, but I can’t do that with the Newest Star Wars movies,” Sam Finnegan ‘27 said.

Disney has not been able to keep up with the demand and it shows in the profit the movies make. In a graph by S&P Global (link), it shows how Disney has steadily had decreasing profits.

If Disney had been creating amazing movies their profits would go up, right?

Disney has a lot of improvement to make in their business if they wanna go back to their life changing, economical power house, and it all starts with a new blockbuster.

Disney needs a movie with a character as funny as Musu, as determined as Rapunzel, as passionate as Remmy. 

All hope isn’t lost on Disney and even if they cannot bounce back, their old movie did and will have a lasting impact on Society.