The Student News Site of Olentangy Berlin High School

The Berlin Bulletin

The Berlin Bulletin

The Berlin Bulletin

Poll

This poll has ended.

Best place to be during spring break?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Has Anyone but You really revived romance comedy?

The movie that stars Glen Powell and Sydney Sweeney has left audiences obsessed. Anyone but You aired in theaters on Dec. 22, and has given everybody a new serenity song. 

Rumor has it that this movie has renewed the romantic comedy movie genre, but has it really?

Will Gluck, the director, correlated a movie that has a multitude of shot angles and plays with different depths of field. This increases the eye appeal and sophistication with production.  

The actors are a big part of the movie. Both the star actors and the side actors were phenomenal. Some may say that the location and choice of actors because of their looks overrides the actual acting, but I think differently.  Between Powell and Sweeney, or should I say Bea and Ben, their chemistry is seen, felt, and leaves viewers envious of their love. The side actors throughout the movie add to their love story and the plot as a whole. 

This romantic comedy is going head to head with some of the most famous and loved movies of all time. Personally, I would choose How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days or When Harry Met Sally over Anyone but You, but it’s a different generation the industry has to appeal to. Given that fact, Anyone but You brings out aspects of idolized features of the 2023 and 2024 years, which makes it more relevant. 

Overall I would recommend this movie as a good watch. The rating I would give is 8.5/10.