The Student News Site of Olentangy Berlin High School

The Berlin Bulletin

The Berlin Bulletin

The Berlin Bulletin

Poll

This poll has ended.

Best place to be during spring break?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Berlin student-athletes named to the Dispatch All-Metro teams

Four Berlin student-athletes have been nominated for the Dispatch All-Metro teams for their fall season sports where they will have the chance to win athlete of the year in their respective sport. 

The annual Central Ohio Sports High School Sports Awards will take place in June of 2024 where nominated student athletes, teams, and coaches will be honored for their athletic achievements. 

30 different sports will be in attendance of the event where there is the chance to win athlete of the year for each sport, boys and girls overall athlete of the year, boys and girls overall coach of the year, and boys and girls overall team of the year. 

There will also be non-athletic awards given out which include the courage award, school spirit award, and lifetime achievement award. There will also be many scholarship opportunities for the nominated athletes. 

Nominations for the fall season have recently been announced and four Berlin athletes in three sports have been nominated. Boys soccer player and senior Ryko Bodurov, girls tennis player and freshman Soleil Cordell, girls soccer player and senior Fina Davy, and girls cross country runner and junior Grace Heitkamp.  

Each athlete was honored amongst the top athletes in each sport across the greater central Ohio area. They will have the opportunity to attend the award ceremony in the summer and win athlete of the year. 

As the winter and spring sports come to their close in 2024 more nominations will be released. This includes girls gymnastics where last year now sophomore Tayten Swain took home the title of Central Ohio Gymnast of the year.