The Student News Site of Olentangy Berlin High School

The Berlin Bulletin

The Berlin Bulletin

The Berlin Bulletin

Poll

This poll has ended.

Best place to be during spring break?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Unveil the truth of “Helltown”

Boston “Helltown,” Ohio, is an area shrouded in urban legends and eerie tales. Located within the Cuyahoga Valley National Park, this small town has gained notoriety for the various conspiracy theories and myths associated with it.

One of the most famous legends is the supposed government takeover of the town. According to this myth, the U.S. government forcibly relocated residents in the 1970s, seizing their properties to create the Cuyahoga Valley National Park. While some residents did have to leave due to eminent domain, the story has been exaggerated over the years.

Another tale involves an old church, known as the “Satanic Church.” It’s said that sinister rituals took place there, and the place has an eerie reputation. In reality, it was a church abandoned due to declining attendance.

The “Mogadore Monster” legend adds to the area’s intrigue. It’s described as a mutant or escaped mental patient lurking in the woods. However, there’s no concrete evidence to support this claim.

Environmental issues have also contributed to the myths surrounding Helltown. There’s an area with “End of the World” signs, which is associated with the toxic dumpsite of Boston Mills, creating an eerie atmosphere.

While many conspiracy theories and legends surround Boston “Helltown,” it’s essential to separate fact from fiction. The area has a fascinating history, but the myths and urban legends have often overshadowed the truth. Visitors are encouraged to explore the Cuyahoga Valley National Park with an open mind regarding the myths that leave most local adventurers intrigued about this part of Ohio.