The Student News Site of Olentangy Berlin High School

The Berlin Bulletin

The Berlin Bulletin

The Berlin Bulletin

Poll

This poll has ended.

Best place to be during spring break?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Chris Tressel learned the most from his dad

Chris Tressel, Assistant Principal at Olentangy Berlin High School, has always focused on how to become better at his job and be more like his dad.

While at his job, Tressel concentrates on making the school and the people around him better. He works his hardest to make the school comfortable and fun for everyone that shows up each day.

“To create an environment for teachers to teach and students to learn is our main priority,” Tressel said.

During the school day he does a range of jobs, from helping students and staff with their problems to fixing air conditioners so the school is properly suitable for teaching and learning. Berlin Pride is huge for Tressel, he finds ways to incorporate it into his daily life. After his dad, he has learned the most from Todd Spinner, the principal at Olentangy Berlin High School.

“Berlin pride is… it’s the way I feel when I walk into the building. It’s the smell, the feel of, the temperature. It’s the voice of Mr. Spinner from the cafeteria. It’s from Mr. Brooks weightlifting room,” Tressel said.

For most of his life, Tressel has aspired to be just like his dad.

“[There have been] bumps in the road for the journey to be just like my dad’s,” Tressel said.

To Tressel, his dad has always been influential and inspiring. During his childhood, he was surrounded by educators. His Mom, Dad and Grandpa all were teachers. He wasn’t planning to follow their footsteps until a certain event occurred to his dad during the first day of sixth grade.

“Without that experience, I don’t know if I would be here now,” Tressel said.

While many experiences shaped him as a person, Tressel has always had one thing that stayed the same, his love and appreciation for the school he works for and his dad.