The Student News Site of Olentangy Berlin High School

The Berlin Bulletin

The Berlin Bulletin

The Berlin Bulletin

Poll

Best place to be during spring break?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Killer plays hide and seek

Photo courtesy of iStock.
powerofforever
Photo courtesy of iStock.

Danelo Cavalcante, a thirty-four-year-old male escaped from prison on Aug. 31 and is still on the loose. As Cavalcante scaled the Chester County Prison walls he managed to escape right out and has been free for two weeks.

Cavalcante was sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole on Aug. 16, after murdering his ex-girlfriend in front of her two young kids in 2021. Also, he’s wanted in his native home, Brazil for murder in 2017.

Chester County Prison located in Pennsylvania, created chaos and fear for residents in the vicinity of his last surroundings. He has been caught on surveillance eight different times and still has yet to be caught. Although he’s been seen many times and he still has not been caught, it creates a perimeter for police officers and the FBI of where Cavalcante is located. 

As Cavalcante was able to escape very quickly and had been unnoticed for nearly an hour, it sparked questions on whether he had inside help. The watch guard, who has not been identified, was fired on Sept. 7, as Cavalcante escaped, the watch guard was on duty but did not pay attention, as he had his phone with him, as he broke a major rule in the prison. 

Law enforcement asked for help to capture Cavalcante as he is a very dangerous man. Anything will help, check for belongings that are gone or review your cameras to see if he’s been seen on video. A big reward of 25,000 dollars is open to anyone who is able to capture him to stop him.