Sidol covers life in room 1104

Samantha Beam, Intro student

When Mr. Eric Sidol joined Berlin back in 2018 he brought more than just science to the table. 

With an outgoing personality and a go-getter attitude, he was a prime candidate to shine a light on. 

Through high school, he played basketball and baseball, skateboarded, and played guitar for fun. As well in high school, he used his time to find who he was as a person and where he fits in. 

Through his senior year, he found himself excelling in the musical arts room and concluded that it might be something he will do in the future. 

“I was a good kid, leader, rule follower, and liked to fit in,” Sidol said.  

Mr. Sidol attended the University of Toledo and enrolled in lots of science classes. He realized that science intrigued him and implied that he exhaled in it. He noticed that not only was he good at science, but also people would come to him for help. 

That brought the idea to be a teacher. When he was in high school many people told him he was great at explaining things and being patient to help, which are great traits of a teacher. Some of his key beliefs in life are to build trust and relish. 

“I feel I am really good at chatting,” Sidol said. 

All through Mr. Sidol’s life he had found himself working with young adults or children. He liked music and science, all of these components paved his career for the better. Mr. Sidlo started to teach 13 years ago and started at Cleveland schools, where he learned good classroom management. 

He found it to be more tough to get kids engaged. He had to think out of the box on how to get the kids to not only engage in his class but also want to come in and learn, so he decided to incorporate music into his class, to make it interesting and more fun.

“ [I] needed to figure out how to connect with the kids so they like my class more,” Sidol said.