Berlin vies for Most Spirited High School in country

Emily Cain, Student Press Contact

On Tuesday, May 10, Varsity Brands announced the final four high schools in contention for the title “America’s Most Spirited High School” and a prize of $25,000. 

Varsity Brands is a sports equipment and apparel brand that works with Herff Jones and BSN Sports to provide American schools with a wide variety of memorabilia and athletic apparel. The company claims to elevate student experiences in sport, spirit, and achievement. 

The contest will have a nation-wide vote between the “Most Spirited” finalists that will be open until Wednesday, May 18, 2022. Visit 2022 Varsity Brands School Spirit Awards Gallery to cast a vote for Olentangy Berlin High School in the “America’s Most Spirited High School” category.

The winner will be announced on June 15, through a virtual presentation. A vote can be cast once every 24 hours on the same device.

The considerations for finalists included letters of support from community members, photo documentation, evidence of spirit impact, and a video.

Olentangy Berlin High School journalism student, Will DeBlock, is credited with the creation of the spirit video featured on Varsity Brands website. “The culture at Berlin is in every corner of the school so it was very easy putting together this video to represent our Berlin pride,” DeBlock said. To view the video, or other contenders for the title visit America’s Most Spirited High School – $25,000 Grand Prize Winner